Friday, October 1, 2010

My Apartment

Hey Everyone,

I was having some issues with my old account so I decided to change the address and most my posts over. So this will be my new blog account and should stay as such. Sorry for any confusion!

I know it has been a couple weeks since my last entry. I will try to be a little more frequent in my postings from now on.

Things have been going well here in Korea. I've been meeting some cool people, exploring Busan, and having a good time at work. I spent the last week up in Seoul for training as a part of EPIK (English Program in Korea), the national public school foreign teacher program. It was really good but it is nice to be back in Busan.

A couple weeks ago I hurt my finger playing volleyball, apparently tearing some ligaments. The doctor I saw said it would be at least 3-6 weeks of my finger being in a splint but at least now I can say that Korea has a pretty good health care system. In and out in 1.5 hours on a really busy day after a 3 day national holiday. He also called the injury 'massive collateral damage to the ligaments' which just sounds awesome!

For this post I thought I would share a bit about my apartment and where I'm living. As I mentioned in my previous post, I am in an area called Haeundae (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haeundae-gu,_Busan), more specifically, Haeundae New Town, which is quite close to the beach. There are tonnes of restaurants, shops, bars, as well as foreigners in this area. I am really close to the subway and in a relatively new apartment building.

My apartment is essentially a bachelor studio. It is small but has everything in it that I need. Below are some pictures:

The Bedroom

The Bedroom/Lounge

The Lounge

The Bathroom (with a shower door, which is relatively rare here I'm told)

The Bathroom (2)

Kitchen

Kitchen/Entry Way

Kitchen/Entry Way (2)

The View

The View (2)


I hope that gives you a better clue about where I'm living. As I said, it's not big but it has everything I need.

I'll be posting more soon about what I've been up to since I've been here!

Cheers,

John

4 comments:

  1. John,

    Your place looks awesome! I'm glad you could post pictures of where you are staying.
    Keep having fun! It was nice to briefly talk to you last night :)

    Caitlin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello son, sorry we missed your calls, we went away for a few days. Your place looks nice, hope your finger gets better. All ok here...weather getting cooler on 14 c today....leaves changing. Looking nice

    Chat soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. "As I said, it's not big but it has everything I need."

    That's what she said.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. Cam--I love you!
    2. John--I hate you and your life of Haeundae luxury. My view is of a telephone pole with 50,000 internet and phone wires connected in a gigantic wad. I'm visiting you more often. P.S.-enjoy the shower. Mine is IN the toilet. Welcome to my life.

    ReplyDelete